I am employed as a junior researcher at Department of Ecology and Conservation, Institute of Entomology, and partially also at School of Sciences, University of South Bohemia .
I am interested in butterfly ecology, phylogeny and evolution of ecological characters. I have studied population ecology and biomechanic differences of multivoltine species (for instance Araschnia levana), as well as endangered butterfly species ( Euphydryas aurinia, Lopinga achine). Curently, I am more interested in phylogeny and evolution of ecological characters of Nymphalidae: Nymphalini and Lycaenidae (Glaucopsyche section, but also rest of the family). The not very aesthetic overview of these butterflies is here. Please, excuse the quality of the figures, I constructed these web pages only for the purpose of my own research, i.e. to see all the related species together.
My other interests are ordinary human ones - family and other animals (breeding of rock hyraxes, reptiles etc.).
- Department of Zoology, School of Biological Sciences, University of South Bohemia, Ceske Budejovice, Bc. degree: 1999, thesis: „Population structure and behaviour of European Map butterfly, Araschnia levana“;
- MSc. 2001, thesis: „Seasonal polyphenism of European Map butterfly, Araschnia levana: biomechanics and ecology“;
- Ph.D. 2006: “Dispersal characters of butterflies”.
- Biomechanics of butterflies in study of dispersality and long time series (FRVŠ, 2002)
- Adaptive significance of seasonal polyphenism of European Map butterfly (Araschnia levana) (FRVŠ, 2003)
- Biodiversity in High Altai, Altai Republic, Russian Federation (LF, 2003)
- Critical phenomena in evolutionary ecology of butterflies (GAAV, 2006-2008)
- Origin of Holarcitc distribution and evolution of ecological characters of montane and arctic butterflies – phylogeny of genus Erebia (GAČR, 2010-2014)
This page was visited
- 1998 - 1999: Department of Ecology, School of Biological Sciences, University of South Bohemia
- 2003 – now: Department of Ecology and Conservation Biology, Institute of Entomology, Czech Academy of Sciences
- 2004 – now: Department of Zoology, School of Biological Sciences, University of South Bohemia
- 2004 – 2008: Institute of Systems Biology, Czech Academy of Sciences