The New Guinea Binatang Research Center Ltd., Papua New Guinea
P. O. Box 604, Madang, Papua New Guinea
Phone/Fax +675 423 3258, e-mail:
- August 2012- Present: Post graduate research student (Honours). University of Papua New Guinea, Biology Department and student resident at the New Guinea Binatang Research Centre. Study supervised by Prof. Vojtech Novotny & Dr Osaia Gideon, “Relationship between ethnobotanical knowledge, language skills and school education in village communities of Papua New Guinea”.
- 2005 – 2008: Bachelor of Science in Forestry, The Papua New Guinea University of Technology, Lae, Morobe Province.
Papua New Guinea Forest Research Institute
- Wood Processing Technician, Forest Products Program 1st August 2011- Present
- Research Assistant/ ACIAR Project Officer 5th October 2009 – 29th July 2011
The Foundation for People and Community Development Inc (FPCD)
- Student trainee, Eco-forestry Program 5th January -27th February 2009
- Language skills and ethnobiological knowledge of village communities in Papua New Guinea (2012- present).
- Online survey of language skills of Papua New Guinean internet users (2013- present) http://www.entu.cas.cz/png/png-languages/
- Value chain study of wood carving in Lae, Morobe Province (2009-2011)
Workshops & training courses
- Technology Training Course on Bamboo Cultivation, Processing and Utilization for Developing Countries, China National Bamboo Research Center (CBRC), Hangzhou, China. 24th April – 18th June 2012.
- Tropical Ecology, University of South Bohemia, Faculty of Science, Czech Republic & the New Guinea Binatang Research Center, Madang Province, PNG. 1st -22nd August 2011.
- Wood Drying Courses, University of Melbourne at the Timber Training Centre, Creswick & the Furnishing Industry Design and Innovation Centre, Holmesglen, Melbourne, Australia. 14th – 23rd June 2011.
- Monitoring & field conservation Practices, Carol Cay Conservation (CCC), Waria Valley, Morobe Province, PNG. 13th -20th of September 2007.
- Industrial Training, The National Forest Services at the Bulolo/ Wau Plantation, Morobe Province. 5th March - 8th June 2007.
Symposiums & conferences
- Linguistic Society of Papua New Guinea 2014 annual meeting: Why are indigenous languages & ethnobiological knowledge decreasing in Papua New Guinean villages? Divine Word University, Madang. 17-19-Sep-2014
- Melanesian symposium, Cultural diversity nationalism: Survival of languages in Papua New Guinean Facebook generation. Melanesian Spearhead Group, Port Moresby. June 30- July 02, 2014.
- Saem Majnep Memorial Knowledge Symposium on Traditional Environmental Knowledge: ethnobotanical of Wanang community, University of Goroka. 31st October 2012.
- Technology Training Course on Bamboo Cultivation, Processing and Utilization for Developing Countries: Country report on the status of bamboo resources in Papua New Guinea, China National Bamboo Research Center (CBRC) in Hangzhou, China. 24th April – 18th June 2012.
- International year of Forestry: Value chain study of woodcarvings in Lae, Morobe Province, Poster Presentation, Papua New Guinea Forest Research Institute, Lae. 23rd August 2011
English, Melanesian Pidgin & Motu